MCI has been established for 25 years, first opening its doors in Ipswich, Qld, Australia.
With the growth and development of the business, its processes and reputation for excellence, MCI Debt Recovery has the ability and experience to work both Nationally and Internationally should our clients have this as a requirement.
Acting for an extensive range of clients in diverse industries in respect of their receivables, appointment of agents from Australia & New Zealand, overseeing and instructing agents, setting up systems and processes to achieve speedy and cost-effective resolutions of collection matters to maximise our clients returns.
- Creditor against principal debtor and his/her surety severally of a guarantee for goods or services provided.
- Dishonoured cheques.
- Money lent / financed
- Services rendered or goods sold and delivered.
MCI follow strict guidelines of ASIC (Australian Securities & Investment Commission) & ACCC (Australian Competition & Consumer Commission) in operating a Trust Account & are audited up to 4 times per year.
We are governed by the Privacy Act 2009.
ASIC & ACCC enforce Commonwealth Consumer Protection Laws including laws relevant to debt collection.
MCI provides ongoing support to our clients by a talented team of collectors and administration staff
About MCI Debt Recovery Senior Team
Raewyn Morgan, Director, has over 45 years as a business owner, MYOB professional partner & trainer, bookkeeper payroll & affiliation to ICB (Institute Certified Bookkeepers)
With experience working internationally Raewyn brings a unique understanding to the international requirements of debt collection, finance and payroll. She is well established in her fields of expertise and is highly regarded by those in her industry.
Raewyn‘s clients over the years cover individuals, small & large businesses, Australia wide & previous advice & management for Residents of Companies in New Zealand.
Our Office Manager, Debbie Utteridge has over 20 years experience in debt collection and credit management holding positions throughout her career of team leader, credit supervisor, accounts receivables manager and credit manager.
Debbie has worked in a variety of industries including construction, government, wholesale food supplies, equipment hire, and transport as well as the automotive leasing industry. Over the last 8 years Debbie has engaged MCI for debt recovery assistance and has worked closely with our office to reach resolutions for clients and debtors.
We cover all types of businesses from Sole Trader through to International companies.
MCI Debt Recovery is committed to providing its clients with the best solution, in order to do that, we act on your behalf in keeping with our Company visions and policies:
- Act in our clients best interest at all times
- To adhere to the Privacy Act of 2009
- Provide our clients with expert advice and recommendations
- Provide our clients with the necessary updates relevant to changes in Laws and procedures
- Recommend approaches to litigation and maximise the recovery of money
Payment Arrangement Management
MCI can outline terms and conditions of a payment arrangement to a debtor. We manage the payment arrangement from set up to ensure the debtor adheres to the clients terms and conditions of payment
MCI utilises various search packages that cover Australia & most International countries
These packages access the below information:
- Electoral Rolls
- Property Ownership – current & historical
- Business names – current & historical
- Company names – current & historical
- Contact details, phone, faxes, mobiles & email addresses
- Credit reporting
- Bankruptcy searches
These searches attract a fee that will be quoted when it is a recommend course of action.
- Advising creditors, directors, contributories, insolvency practitioners with respect to insolvent companies and persons.
- Acting on behalf of creditors, contributories, insolvency practitioners with respect to litigation arising out of the administration of insolvent companies and persons.
- Advising creditors, directors, contributories with respect to implementation of methods and processes to prevent loss and litigation associated with companies and persons becoming insolvent.
A Field call will be initiated when the following instances occur in the process of obtaining our clients outstanding debts:
- No response in regards to any communication issued to the debtor
- The agreement with the Debtor has not been honoured
We recommend and manage legal actions that may be required for payment of debts. This may include actions to be taken in the courts which may include:
- QCAT claims being filed
- Default Decision
- Enforcement Actions
However, we do not attend QCAT mediations/hearings, these must be attended by our client but are organised through our office.
We do not attend Enforcement hearings however we can organise our agents to do this on your behalf and costs will be advised prior to these actions being taken.